Monday, April 21, 2008

1 down 7 to go

I just realized I'm in my last week and a half of working at The Gazette! I'm super sad. But also excited and nervous...all that good stuff that goes with my nervous conditions. HA
Today I shot a Leisure assignment for "Container Gardening" Ray Sistek was super nice and has a lot of neat ideas on how to garden and plant stuff...especially if you don't have much space.
Here is boot that Ray uses for planting.

Ray is planting in a raised box

I went to an assignment at Penns Manor Elementary school today. They got this awesome trailer for a week for the students to skip their normal science class and come out and have class in this "Mobile Agricultural Trailer" This class is taught by Patricia McConnell out of Altoona PA. They had posters in the trailer that were totally awesome. SO each day the kids get to come out and do a new experiment. Today the 5th grade class learned about plastics. They learned about packing peanuts and if they bio-degrade or not. One group did and one group didn't. The kindergarten class learned about bugs and the parts of bugs and the usefulness of bugs. I only WISH they had this when I was in elementary school! It was too neat!
Cody Hill seeing if his packing peanuts will dissolve
Patricia McConnell of Altoona dressed Luke Lieb up like a bug to show the different parts of the bug

Abby Sleppy raises her card that has a grass hopper on it

Patricia McConnell of Altoona asked the kids to show their card if it didn't have a bug on it.

I have seven shifts left at The Gazette. Tomorrow is the primaries for Pennsylvania. This is what we've all been waiting for. I work from 8 pm to 1 am(ish) covering the local election. This is my first major election coverage I just hope I get some good shots.

Just a quick update:
Thank you all so much for your thoughts and prayers as Toni has arrived home TODAY! She's quite tired and worn out...but dang...that girl has been through so much. She is so incredibly strong and we are more proud of her than words can even describe. She is a fighter and I pray that I can only be half as strong as her. We got 3-d images of the baby. She is so beautiful and they say she has hair! I can't believe this is my niece! (sorry about the quality...I took it off the sonogram with my camera phone)

She was doing the backstroke today and the most amazing thing is seeing her swim around in my sisters belly...it looks like Toni's got worms. HAHA! She is the most active little fetus!
Sleeping beauty little baby Conrad.

1 comment:

C Bear said...

Teri
Your a GREAT Daughter and will be a fantastic Aunt. I'm sooooo proud of you. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for being my Daughter.

Love Dad