Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Conemaugh Dam Features

I drove around a lot today. 73 miles on my car. I hung out at the Site of the Conemaugh Dam for about an hour. Just experimenting with different angles. The weather was perfect today. The clouds were amazing. Here are some shots of the Tunneltonview Historic Site and areas around the Dam features I shot around 10:30 am on Tuesday April 29.
Tunnelview History Site.
This bridge withstood the 1936 Johnstown Flood.
The tracks passing over Tunnelview.
I loved the lines in this.
A train passing over the Tunnelview Historic Site.
Tunnelview Historic Site with the train tracks above it.
The Conemaugh Dam through the Cattails.Two turkeys flying over land on the farm at the
intersection of Tunnelton Road and Auen Road.
These birds are SO frightening. I thought I was going to get my eyes pecked out. The car window couldn't go up fast enough.

Tomorrow is my last day at The Gazette. It's bittersweet for sure. I'm looking forward to starting a new chapter of my life...but I hate to leave all the people that helped me get a start.
Till tomorrow...adios.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Glad to see you are still being productive up until the very end!
Wish I could be there for your last day....good luck at the Mirror, just keep shooting for the blog and you'll do an awesome job!! Miss you already!!
Oh, I love the shots of the tree on Shryock and AJ's new uniform is ultra sexy!!

Michael Henninger said...

I dig the first one....the vert without the steel thing. Enjoy your last day at the Gazette....I know I did (ha ha, do you remember that? funny)...