Tuesday, May 13, 2008

05.13.08 Happy Birthday DAD (Chewchy-Bear)

Yesterday I went to a fishing fundraiser called "On the Fly" I pulled this gem out of the swampy abyss.  There were about 30 teams of 4 fishermen on each team.  The event raised upwards of $75,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Doug Smith, of Bellfonte, fishing for Team Restek

The Following was shot today...
This is Mayor Wayne Hippo of Altoona, this photo is for a story on the "Gateway Project" which helps to renovate houses and make Altoona a more beautiful place.  The house in the background was helped last year...however...funding has been cut so their are people in the community on a waiting list who are in jeopardy of not getting the help they need.  Check out the Altoona Mirror tomorrow for more details.

Finally, I was driving around today and saw this little boy blowing bubbles outside his grandmas house.  He was a little shy at first BUT THEN, he wanted to blow GIANT bubbles. I think he pretty much succeeded. 

Happy Birthday to my C-Bear(my dad).  I won't say how old he is but he is half of a century today!

until tomorrow folks!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Teri,

Congrats on the new job. Love all your pics especially the rain drop one. Keep up the groovy work. C-ya Saturday at the baby shower.

Jen

Anonymous said...

The picture with the bubbles and the little boy is so cute! And I love the top picture, looking through an opening in the brush...

Anonymous said...

I love that photo with the brush stuff opening up. its the green photo. im sure you know which one that is. You are doing a marvelous job and I know you will find some time to relax and take a nice photo. All your photos are nice though.