Friday, May 02, 2008

First two days the Mirror

Here are some shots from my first few days at the Mirror I went to a Cow Farm today. Vale Wood Farm in Loretto. First grade students from Logan Elementary School went through "From moo to You" a program that teaches them how milk goes from the cow to the store. They got to see a honeycomb, how to make icecream with two plastic bags, milk, sugar, ice and rock salt. How the milk is transferred from the cow to the carton they even learned where a cow slept and got to see a "cow salad". Which is the food a cow eats. It was so educational but I don't even think the kids though of it that way. I think they just thought of it as fun. I know I had a blast!
This photo is for a story on the price of gas going up.
This group of sisters plus their niece are meeting with the AAA agent.
They are mapping out a cross county trip together.
This photo is for a story the Mirror is doing on the price of mail going up next week.
Finally, this photo was on A-1 my second day! May 1 was national day of prayer. We went to the courthouse in Hollidaysburg for this event. However, the threatening skies pushed it into the First United Methodist Church of Hollidaysburg. This lady was too cute. When I asked her name...she told me that and everything else I could have ever wanted to know about her. At anyrate, I'm still trying to get used to the system there. So sorry about the sketchyness of this blog. They use MAC's and I've never used them. The awesome thing is that we have a photo tech there. So we don't photoshop anything. We just do a rough edit. No toneing or anything. So far....the verdict is that I really like it. The people there are super nice and really helpful. I just need to learn the city and the surrounding areas. Because our coverage area is about triple the size of The Gazette. But I do already miss my Gazette peeps!
I go back to the Mirror on Monday. Thank GOD for GPS! Until then...

2 comments:

Tim Boyles said...

Absolutely, you may link your blog to mine...and thank you for the compliments on my Springsteen stuff.
Email me privately if you'd like.
Tim@timboylesphotography.com

and...keep up the great work for the mirror....!
Tim Boyles

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! You will make the Mirror proud as well! Your photos honestly AMAZE me!